Tuesday, July 3, 2007

You were expecting golf?

I know, 5-iron, my favorite club, so this must be a golf blog. It is, kind of. It's also a cycling blog, kind of. I have a goal - or two. One is to par a hole, the other is to be cycling 80 miles a week by the time snow falls. The biking goal is probably the more attainable goal, since I've been working on the golf one for a few years.

I bought a bike, a Schwinn, but I'm not going to upgrade until I'm sure this isn't a passing obsession. Besides, I also bought irons this year - Callaway Big Berthas, graphite shaft. I can't make 2 big sports purchases in one year.

So, maybe this blog will help me keep on track for my 80 miles a week thing. Because really, I live quite the sedentary life. I would prefer reading or beating my sister (the bossy one) in a game of on-line yahtzee to any form of exercise. Nothing like public humiliation to get you motivated, eh?

I did about 8 - 10 miles last week. Nothing so far this week. I think today will be a biking day, if it doesn't rain the whole day.

No comments: